We're Hiring A Python Programmer
Love wine and programming? This might be the perfect opportunity.
We're looking for a Python programmer to help us add new features to 1000 Corks.
The right candidate will know most, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- Python. Of everything listed, this is probably the most important to know. But, if you're a great Ruby, PHP, or Perl programmer who can learn Python quickly, that might be okay.
- SQL. We use PostgreSQL. But if you've used MySQL, it should be easy enough to figure out how things work. We also use Redis, so understanding the whole NoSQL movement will be useful.
- All those pesky web technologies: HTML, CSS, AJAX, and other relevant acronyms.
- Linux (we use Ubuntu), Apache, distributed version control (mercurial), etc.
- If you've also done some iOS or Android programming, please let us know.
We're hard at work making sure that 1000 Corks is the best wine search engine. This is a great chance to be part of that team. The founder's last company, Penguin Computing, became one of the largest and most successful Linux server companies in the world and changed the way supercomputing is done.
Our office is in Las Condes, Santiago, Chile. It's easy to get to via Metro.
To apply please send email to jobs at 1000corks dot com with the subject "Python Programmer". (Hopefully that's enough of a clue that you can figure out the email address, but the spam bots can't.)
Your cover letter should be the email body (in plain ASCII text). Attach your resume as a PDF. Please include your recent salary history, and what you would like to make.
This opportunity is open to anyone in the Santiago area, or who can relocate to Santiago, Chile.